Everyone has that one food that they can not live without, and according to a new survey, for most people that food is pizza.
Now, considering the survey was commissioned by California Pizza Kitchen, we’d take the results with a grain of salt, but the poll finds that 21% of people chose pizza as the one food they could not possibly give up, followed by:
- Steak (16%)
- Hamburgers (13%)
- Tacos (11%)
- Pasta (11%)
- Salad (9%)
- Sushi (6%)
- Macaroni and cheese (4%)
Pizza is so popular among Americans that 25% of people say it’s the food they are most likely to indulge in when straying from their diet, followed by ice cream or a burger with fries (both got 18%) and fried chicken or tacos (7% each).
The survey, conducted in conjunction with National Pizza Month, which starts Monday, also finds:
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is the celebrity most people want to eat pizza with (18%), followed by Betty White (15%).
- 22% of people wouldn't go on a second date with someone who ate pizza with a fork and knife.
- Only 36% of people believe pineapple should not be allowed on a pizza.
- 63% of people say they’d probably “swipe right” on someone who mentioned pizza in their dating profile
Source: USA Today
While all generations have experienced bullying in one form or another, teens these days definitely seem to have it worse, thanks to technology and the increase in online harassment. But just how bad is cyberbullying?
Well, according to a new Pew Research poll, 59% of teens say they’ve experienced at least one of six types of online abusive behavior, with offensive name-calling the most prevalent form, with 42% of teens saying they’ve been called names either online or on their cellphone. Other forms of cyberbullying include:
- Spreading of false rumors (32%)
- Receiving explicit images they didn’t ask for (25%)
- Having someone other than a parent constantly ask where they are, who they’re with or what they’re doing (21%)
- Target of physical threats (16%)
- Having explicit images shared without their consent (7%)
The survey finds that for the most part teen boys and girls are equally likely to experience online harassment, although the types of cyberbullying they experience are likely to be different. For example, girls are more likely than boys to have false rumors spread about them (39% vs. 26%) and they are also more likely to receive explicit images (29% vs. 20%). Girls are also more likely than boys to be the subject of more than one form of online bullying, with 15% of girls saying they’ve experienced at least four types, while only 6% of boys say the same. Overall, though, 40% of teens say they’ve experienced two or more types of cyberbullying.
- Not surprising, 90% of teens say online harassment is a problem for kids their age, while 63% would classify it as a major problem. And while parents, teachers, law enforcement and more are trying to do things to address online bullying, only parents are getting high marks for their efforts. In fact, 59% of teens view their parents' efforts favorably, while teens think teachers, law enforcement, bystanders, social media sites and elected officials are all doing a poor job.
Source: Pew Research
Halloween is still a month away, but now’s the time to nail down your costume idea so you have plenty of time to make it happen. And if you’re going out with your S.O., dressing as a couple gives you so many options. Need some inspiration? These are some the most popular couples costumes for Halloween 2018.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle - This is sure to be one of the most popular couples costumes this year and while it may be hard to recreate their wedding day attire, the royal newlyweds’ engagement outfits are easier to duplicate.
- Mr. and Mrs. Incredible - Fans waited 14 years for “Incredibles 2” and you can bet lots of them will be pulling on their red supersuits and black boots for Halloween this year.
- The Stark Family from “Game of Thrones” - This family tree includes some great characters to choose from, but you can’t go wrong with Arya Stark and Jon Snow.
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z - Who run the world? You and your guy dressed as Bey and Jay.
- Peter and Lara Jean from “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” - This Netflix hit is sure to inspire some couples to go as the lead teens.
- Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin - Pack on the PDA if you dress up as this it-couple and don’t forget your hoop earrings and leather jacket, for her and sneakers and a baseball cap for him.
- Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip of “The Crown” - Fans of the Netflix series about the British monarchy dress up as the couple that inspired it all. The Queen will need a ball gown, of course, and Prince Philip should wear formalwear to match, bonus if you get some stuffed corgis to go with it.
- Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson - You had to know these two were going to be on the list. And the look for these lovebirds is easy to pull off - just an oversized hoodie with over-the-knee boots and a high pony for her and a bright graphic tee, sneakers, and a hat for her funny guy fiance.
While many of us have barely gotten over the end of summer, others are already thinking about the holidays. That’s especially true when it comes to shopping. Each year there are toys that every kid seems to want for Christmas, and if you want to make sure you you don't disapoint your child, you probably should start looking for them now and K-Mart is here to help.
The big box store has just come out with their annual Fab 15 list of the hottest toys for the holiday season, which includes some classic brands, like Hot Wheels and Barbie, and more.
This year’s top picks include:
- Hot Wheels Mega Garage by Mattel
- Beyblade SwitchStrike Battle Tower by Hasbro
- Ready2Robot Battle Pack by MGA
- Hairdorables by Just Play
- L.O.L. Surprise! Bigger Surprise! by MGA
- 2018 Holiday Barbie by Mattel
- Baby Alive Potty Dance Baby by Hasbro
- Barbie Dreamhouse by Mattel
- Sunny Day – Sunny's Styling Head by Fisher-Price
- LEGO Super Heroes The Hulkbuster Smash by LEGO
- Vampirina Rock N' Jam Touring Van by Just Play
- Monopoly Cheaters Edition by Hasbro
- Nerf Rival Prometheus by Hasbro
- Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Hot Diggity Dancing Mickey by Just Play
- Disney Sing and Spin Scooter Minnie by Just Play
And to make toy shopping easier, Kmart will release their 2018 print and online catalogs on October 21st, with kids able to create an online “wish list” after browsing through them.
Source: Sears Holdings
If you’re looking to do some painting around the house and want to be on trend for next year, listen up. Valspar has just come out with their choices for 2019’s Colors of the Year, which include 12 colors inspired by the landscape of lifestyle trends. Colors include: Metropolis Lilac, Angelic Blue, Green Water, Twilight Mist, Spring Squash, Martinique Dawn, Wishing Well, Blushing Bride, Seattle Haze and more. Click here for the complete list.