A lot of us love to spend our downtime watching our favorite TV shows or sporting events, but there are definitely some things that may make that experience a little bit less than pleasurable.
A new poll reveals the things that bother people the most when watching TV, and the biggest annoyance is someone talking while you’re trying to watch. Having to sit through advertisements is another huge annoyance, followed by getting a phone call during your program.
And it seems watching TV with a significant other or friend can lead to problems in a relationship. The poll finds that 40% of people say their partner is usually to blame for one of these TV annoyances, while 41% of folks saying they’ve had an argument or falling out with someone because of an annoying TV habit.
Top Ten TV Annoyances
- People talking while you are trying to watch TV
- Getting a phone call
- Someone spoiling the end of a show they've already seen
- People getting bored and asking to change the channel
- People pausing it to do other things while you are watching it
- Buffering when using catch up/on demand TV
- Someone moaning about what you are watching
- People falling asleep
- People turning the volume up too high or down too low
Companies are releasing new products all the time, hoping they’ll come out with something that folks just got to have, but more often than not, products don’t exactly go over well with the public, and some have been spectacular failures.
Well, 24/7 Wall Street has just come out with the list of the Biggest Product Flops of All Time, and many of these products cost companies millions, and even billions.
Overall, the site has picked Google Glass as the biggest flop ever. The product, released in 2013, was an eyeglasses shaped head-mounted display with smartphone capabilities, but it saw two years of disappointing sales, before they finally discontinued the product in 2015.
- Other products making the list include Apple’s PDA The Newton, the “ET The Extra Terrestrial” video game, which was deemed too difficult, Burger King’s Satisfries, which were supposed to be a healthy alternative to fries, and smokeless cigarettes.
Top Ten Product Flops Of All Time(click here to see the Top 50)
- Google Glass (Google)
- The Newton (Apple)
- ET The Extra-Terrestrial video game (Atari)
- Satisfries (Burger King)
- Premier smokeless cigarettes (RJ Reynolds)
- Cheetos Lip Balm (Frito-Lay)
- “Terra Nova” TV Show (Fox)
- Touch of Yogurt Shampoo (Clairol)
- New Coke (Coca-Cola)
- Windows Vista (Microsoft)
Source: 24/7 Wall Street
While it isn’t uncommon for Millennials to use digital payment services to buy things or send someone money, a new report reveals that it isn’t just young folks who are doing it these days.
A new survey finds that adoption and usage of digital person-to-person (P2P) payments is high with all generations, with 75% of Millennials using them, along with 69% of Gen Xers and 51% of Baby Boomers. And these people aren’t just using them once in a while. The survey finds that 49% of Millennials, 42% of Gen X and 32% of Boomers use them at least one a week.
So, what are these P2P services being used for the most? Well, based on memo fields on the Zelle network, rent, meals, splitting utility bills and gifting are the top reasons for using such banking apps.
Source: Business Journals
Getting up to go to work is just not fun for most people. They beat the alarm to a pulp, start thinking about the landslide of work to be done, and they have to wait for coffee. It’s not hard to see why mornings are stressful.
You can change that! Just be armed with ways to make your morning go smoother, Here’s a roadmap:
- Wake up 10 minutes early to catch up on social media.
- Plan out your clothing for the week.
- Schedule a morning call with your long distance bestie.
- Put a show on that makes you laugh while you’re getting ready.
- Kids drag you down? Make morning schedule boards for them.
- Toss some aromatherapy into your routine.
Losing weight is no easy thing. We have to give up what we love and focus all the time on what we put in our mouths. It’s tiring. With all the effort, when we don’t move the scale, how did we mess up?
It could one of seven common mistakes dieters make. Avoid these, and you should be good to go:
- You’re on the wrong diet. Make sure you know what you need.
- You aren’t mentally ready. Ask yourself why you eat.
- You aren’t moving enough. Diet alone won’t work.
- Diet fatigue got to you. Take a break.
- You’re mixing up the diets you’ve been on with each other.
- Maybe you don’t need a diet. Sometimes self-correction works fine.
Source: Daily Mail