Most of us have our morning routines set in stone. But there are some things that can set you up for a more productive day if you start doing them regularly. Here’s how your morning routine should look, according to science:
- Skip the shower – If you’ve showered in the past 24 hours, it’s okay to skip it. If you shower too much you can dry out your skin and hair.
- Brew your coffee and then don’t drink it yet – Hold off an hour and let yourself awaken naturally before you have coffee. It will make the caffeine more effective.
- Hit the track – Starting your day with a run or a light workout on an empty stomach can help with weight loss and boosting your energy.
- Get your heart pumping – Doing some cardio is a great way to strengthen your muscles and organs every day.
- Fuel up – Make sure you have a healthy breakfast with protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
- Ditch the multivitamin – If you’re eating right, you can be getting your vitamins naturally.
Your morning is the most important routine for setting up the rest of your day. Make sure you do it right!