According to a new survey half of all of Christmas dinner hosts worry about timing the cooking so that all the dishes are ready on time. Other stressors include preparing the main dish, making all the side dishes and meeting dietary restrictions of guests. Men are more concerned about meeting the dietary needs of their guests than women, while men are also more concerned about having the right drinks.
Source: Yahoo Finance
People who plan to buy gifts online only have a few more days to shop in order to guarantee gifts get here in time for the holiday. Friday is Free Shipping Day with almost 1,000 retailers participating. Some retailers’ shipping deadlines include:
- December 18th: Standard shipping
- December 22nd: Two-day shipping (free with Prime)
- December 23rd: one-day shipping (In select cities)
- December 24th: 9:30 a.m. local time or earlier - Same-day delivery (select cities)
- December 24th: 9:45 p.m. local time or earlier - Two-hour delivery (select cities)
- Varies by item - Free standard shipping
- December 19th by 12 p.m. - Premium two-day shipping
- December 22nd by 12 p.m. - Express one-day shipping
- December 22nd by 7 p.m. - Restock
Toys R Us
- December 18th by 11:59 p.m. ET - Free shipping
- December 20th by 3 p.m. ET - Expedited
- December 20th by 11:59 p.m. ET - Express
- December 24th by noon ET - In-store pickup
- December 13th - Freight
- December 19th - Standard
- December 21st - Rush
Source: CBS News
United Health Foundation’s 2017 America’s Health Rankings looked at a variety of factors to determine the healthiest and least healthy states in the nation.
Top Ten Healthiest States in the U.S.
- New Hampshire
- New York
On the flipside, Mississippi is once again considered the least healthy state in the country. They once again have the highest cardiovascular rate in the country, as well as the highest infant mortality rate in the country, the latter of which is higher than even Russia and Costa Rica.
Top Ten Least Healthy States in the U.S.
- West Virginia
- South Carolina
Source: 24/7 Wall Street
Google just released their annual list of the most popular searches of the year.
- Hurricane Irma
- Matt Lauer
- Tom Petty
- Super Bowl
- Las Vegas Shooting
- Mayweather vs McGregor Fight
- Solar Eclipse
- Hurricane Harvey
- Aaron Hernandez
- Fidget Spinner
Top Ten U.S. Google “How To” Searches of 2017
- How to make slime
- How to make solar eclipse glasses
- How to watch the solar eclipse
- How to watch Mayweather vs McGregor
- How to buy Bitcoin
- How to freeze your credit
- How to solve a Rubix Cube
- How to make a fidget spinner
- How to cook a turkey in the oven
- How to screen record
Source: USA Today
While there’s nothing like the smell of a live Christmas tree in your home, they often come with more than just that delightful aroma. Believe it or not, a new report reveals that some 25,000 insects could be hiding in that beautiful Christmas tree in your living room, which let’s face it, is just gross.
So, what kind of bugs could be hiding in that beautiful tree of yours? They include:
- Aphids (often in huge numbers)
- Spiders & Mites
- Adelgids (they may look like snowflakes on the tree)
- Pine Needle Scale (they appear to be tiny white specks)
- Praying Mantises
- Bark Beetles
But there are some things you cold do to keep these critters from getting into your home. Tips include:
- Examine the tree carefully before you choose it
- Leave the tree in your garage a few days before bringing it into your home
- Shake the tree vigorously over a white sheet to dislodge bugs
- Vacuum up insects around the tree
- Dust the tree with Diatomaceous Earth or spray with Neem Oil Spray to kill any bugs that remain
Source: Safe Brand
We still have a few weeks until New Year’s Eve, but it’s not too early to start thinking about your New Year’s resolutions. Most of us give up on them by February, but if you get another person involved to help hold you accountable, it can help you stick to it. And if that person is your partner, even better. Here are some couple’s resolutions you and bae can do together.
Put down your phones and be present - Sounds simple enough, but following through is harder than you think. So make it easier by committing to do it together.
Volunteer together - This time of year more people are focused on giving back, but the need is there all year long, so this year pledge to volunteer as a couple once a month.
Prioritize sexy time - Plan date nights, schedule intimacy on your calendar, just do whatever it takes to make sure you’re putting your S.O. at the top of your to-do list.
Experiment in the bedroom - While you’re making intimacy a priority, try something new, too.
Be Emotionally Honest - Keep it real when talking to the one you love. Even if it’s tough to be honest, it’ll bring you closer as a couple.
Show more gratitude toward each other - We all want to feel appreciated, so make a point to thank each other for the big and small things you do.
Say “I love you” more often - Finally, an easy one!
Go on a new adventure together every month - It can be small, like trying a new style of food, or visiting a museum, or go big and take a trip to a someplace new together.
Give more compliments and criticize less - Being critical of your main squeeze can eat away at your relationship, so spend 2018 trying to lift each other up instead of picking each other apart.
Let it go - You get a clean slate for the year on January 1, so leave the past where it belongs: in 2017.
Source: Elite Daily