24/7 Wall Street looked at U.S. Census Bureau data to come up with their list of the richest and poorest states in America:
Top Ten Richest States In America
- New Jersey
- New Hampshire
The Ten Poorest States In America
- West Virginia
- New Mexico
- South Carolina
Source: 24/7 Wall Street
A new study finds that bald men are perceived as more attractive, confident and dominant. The study had men and woman look at pictures of a variety of men and those who were bald or whose pictures were digitally made to look bald were consistently rated higher than guys with thick or thinning hair. On the downside, bald men appeared to be on average four years older than those with hair.
Source: New York Post
Facebook is testing out what they’re calling a “Snooze” feature. The feature will give users the option to unfollow individuals, pages and groups on a temporary basis, from say hours, to a week or even a month. It’s currently only being tested on a limited basis and so far there’s no word on when the function may become available to a wider audience.
A new thread on the anonymous Whisper app has teachers sharing the things they wish they could tell to parents. Among the revelations:
- “How can you expect your child to care about how they do in school if you don’t care how they do in school?”
- “I’d say ‘stop relying on the school to do your job as a parent.’”
- “I always wanted to say, ‘look parent, I didn’t give your child a (C,D,F), they EARNED it. Do don’t yell at me.'”
- “I wish I could tell parents that spending quality time with your kids is more important than spending tons of money on them.”
- “I can only do so much during school hours. Please talk to your children to improve their sentence composition, read with your children to inspire a love of reading.”
- “I just wish some parents would love their kids more.”
Click the link below for the full list!
Any parent knows that all you have to do is take your eyes off your child for five seconds and they can walk away from you and get lost. When it happened to one woman she came up with a way to prevent it from ever happening again.
Two years ago, Christy Curtis experienced the terror of having her child wander off in a mall and as she was going crazy she realized that even if he was found by a good Samaritan, the person would have no way of knowing how to find her. Luckily for Christy, her son was found ten minutes later by a passerby. Still, the whole experience got her thinking, and now she’s turned it into a business.
Christy has created what she calls a Kidstrapp, which is a scannable plastic wrist strap for children to wear while they are out. Should they get lost, all they’d have to do is show the strap to an adult, who can download an app, scan the tracker and immediately inform the parent that the child is found and set up a meeting point to recover their kid.
While some parents may think putting a tracker on your kid is a bit much, Christy thinks it just makes sense. “If you have a dog you make sure they are microchipped and a wear collar with identification so if they go missing someone can return them to you,” she says, “ so why wouldn't you apply the same principle with your young child?”
Source: The Daily Mail
While it certainly doesn’t feel like fall yet in most places in the country, it does in Starbucks, which brought back the popular Pumpkin Spice Latte earlier this month. The popularity of the PSL has prompted many other companies to jump on the pumpkin bandwagon, but not every new product has been so successful.
Well, Mashable has now come out with their choices for the worst pumpkin-flavored products out there, and judging by the amount there are we think it’s time some companies just stop trying to move in on Starbucks’ territory.
The worst pumpkin-flavored items include:
- Pumpkin Cider – Which Mashable says tastes “exactly like vomit — not just vomit, the noun, but the actual actof vomiting.”
- Pumpkin Spice Gum – Not only tastes bad, but also leaves you with the smell of it on your breath.
- Pumpkin Spice Oreos – Which were compared to “a Yankee Candle melting in your mouth."
- Pumpkin Spice Pie Butter – Supposedly perfect to slather on toast, but described as “too sweet.”
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal – Although that sounds good, it’s apparently “sickeningly sweet.”
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Peeps – Fall isn’t a time for Peeps, so these are not a welcome addition to the candy isle.
- Pumpkin Spice Candy Corn – As if candy corn wasn’t already bad, this flavor is said to be “truly ghastly.”