When it comes to work, most people try to do a good job every day, but even when employees are trying to do their best, there are times they run a fowl of the boss. Sure, sometimes folks deserve to be reprimanded by the higher ups, but there are many cases where workers get called out for something even if they didn’t do anything wrong, or at least they think they didn't do anything wrong.
Well, a new thread on the anonymous Whisper app has folks revealing some of the ridiculous reasons they’ve gotten in trouble at work, and it’s pretty apparent workers aren’t getting the benefit of the doubt.
Among the ridiculous reasons folks have gotten in trouble at work:
- “Posting a quote from ‘Fight Club’ on Facebook. Colleague read it and thought it was about her. I got a lecture on the proper use of social media in work-related environment.”
- “A friend of mine was written up for using the word ‘God’ without using the world ‘Damn.’ Profanity was fine, faith was prohibited. Major bank.”
- “Saying ‘no problem,’ instead of ‘my pleasure’ when a customer was apologizing to me.”
- “I was being harassed by three co-workers. Complained to the boss, got in trouble. Went to corporate, got in trouble. Filed a police report for my slashed tires and stolen tips, got fired.”
- “Went to the bathroom without permission. I had someone cover me. There was no reason for being reprimanded. I’m not holding my bladder for anyone.”
- “I got in trouble for causing a ‘backup’ on the front line at Chipotle. I was taking orders too fast and the cretins next to me couldn’t keep up.”
- “I wore a tank top and my boss made me put on a sweatshirt because it was too suggestive…I work outside, it was 84 degrees out.”
- “I was talking to a co-worker when a little kid ran to his mom and said I was cursing (I wasn’t), nearly got me fired since mom complained (I work at a daycare).”
- “I’m a page at a library and these kids were hitting on me. I’m in trouble because I punched the guy who tried to sexually touch me.”