Some of us collect email subscriptions like we’re hoarders. And even if we never read these emails or shop at the sales stores are advertising to us, we can’t let go of the security of a full inbox. But unsubscribing is liberating! So subscription addicts, here are the lists you should quit so you can get on with your life.
- That newsletter you’ve literally never read - If you like the idea of this newsletter, but you’ve never actually read it, it’s time to unsubscribe. You’re not trying to impress anyone here.
- That one brand’s sale reminders - You think you might want to shop there, but you’ve never purchased anything from them EVER, so you don’t need this coming to your inbox like every day.
- That yoga studio’s class schedule - Just because you went to one class there years ago doesn’t mean you’re ever going back. So you really don’t need their monthly schedule emailed to you. It’s time to let this one go.
- That social media site’s weekly update - Either you never go on the site so you don’t care about their weekly wrap-up, or you use the site every day so you don’t need the emails. Go ahead and unsubscribe from this one.
- That site’s reading recommendations - Even if this seems like stuff you’d like to read, you still never click on it. So stop having them send you useless emails already.
- That charity you donated to once but don’t need to follow - You feel guilty when you see their emails, but you shouldn’t. You donated and that was nice, and now it’s time to move on.
- That weekly events-around-town roundup - If you never even read about these events and would never actually go to one, you know you should just unsubscribe. So do it and feel the freedom when you open your inbox.
Source: Man Repeller