A poll by CreditCards.com finds that 65% of Americans are losing sleep over money
Health care and insurance bills are folks’ biggest worries, followed by saving enough for retirement, educational expenses, mortgage and rent bills, and credit card debt
82% of folks who lose sleep over money say they’ve taken at least one step to improve their financial situation, as compared to only 54% of those not losing sleep
CVS is redesigning their stores and making it tougher for you to find your favorite junk food! They plan to redesign hundreds of stores to expand selections of healthier foods, health-focused products and more natural beauty selections. Three years ago CVS tried to make America healthier by stopping the sale of tobacco products in their stores.
Source: USA Today
The Order Healthy app gives us tips to make healthy decisions when we're ordering in! They rate menu items based on calories from fat, total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium and carbohydrates. Dishes that are the least healthy are in red, while yellow means they are moderately healthy, and green means the healthiest choices.
Source: Fox News
There are many ways to get your workout on, so it’s easy to find fitness that’s fun for you. But if you’re trying to maximize your calorie burning in your sweat sesh, some are much better than others. Here’s what you can expect from some of the most popular workouts.
- Barry's Bootcamp - Celebs love this intense, military-style workout and it burns tons of calories - like up to 1,000 a class!
- Boxing - You’ll get more than just toned arms from this fitness trend, you can burn anywhere from 500 to 1000 calories boxing for an hour.
- Orangetheory - This high-intensity interval training workout has gained cult status quickly because you can from 500 to 1,000 calories doing the hour-long sweat sesh. Plus, the interval training boosts your metabolism, so you’ll keep burning more calories post-workout.
- CrossFit - With all the sprinting, lifting, and rope-throwing that you do in this workout, it’s not surprising that a 2013 study found female CrossFitters burn an average of 12 calories a minute - that makes about 700 in an hour!
- SoulCycle - In a 45-minute SoulCycle class full of tap-backs, positive affirmations and Spin-dancing, you can expect to burn from 500 to 700 calories.
- Body by Simone - This dance cardio workout from fitness guru Simone De La Rue has A-list fans like Naomi Watts and it burns an impressive 600 calories.
- Zumba - If you go full-out in this Latin dance class, you can burn between 400 and 600 calories.
- Hot yoga - Even though it’s 104-degrees in there and you’re sweating through your downward dogs, you’re still only burning around 350-calories for a 90-minute class.
- Vinyasa yoga - Different styles of yoga burn different amounts of calories, but a Vinyasa flow workout can burn from 250 to 400 calories.
- Pilates - You’ll be getting more flexible and strong from these workouts, but an hour-long classic mat Pilates class only burns about 190 calories.
- Running - A good rule of thumb is that you’ll burn about 100 calories running a mile, so just keep going to burn more.
“Raising children is totally easy,” said no mother ever. So here are some apps that can make parenting a little easier, and we’re all for that!
- Mint - Sticking to a budget is tough, especially when there are so many cute things at Target. Mint is an app that can help you get your finances organized, set goals, and save for your kids’ college funds, all from one place.
- Keepy - If your closet is filled with your little artist’s finger paintings and art projects, this app can help you digitize copies of all the masterpieces, and even share them with grandma and all the aunties. So you won’t need to save every physical copy anymore you’ll still have the image.
- Choremonster - The idea of giving your kids jobs to do around the house to teach them the importance of hard work is great, but actually getting those kids to do said chores? Not so easy. Choremonster creates a game out of the whole thing and offers rewards for tasks like teeth brushing, table clearing and such.
- Playground Buddy - This app helps you find playgrounds around you when you’re out on the go, and they even list the amenities each has.
- PBS Kids - Two words: Daniel Tiger. If you don’t know what that show is, your preschooler does!